Friday, September 14, 2007

Blog Deux - My Soundtrack

My Life Soundtrack
Time - Pink Floyd -
This soothing ditty is not only a great alarm clock and wake up but seems to truly illustrate how mundane each weekday becomes with increasing severity as the school day continues. It perfectly describes the way we are pushed through life.
Zoloft - Ween -
"Give me that Z-O-L-O-F-T" is a great motto for the morning while I sit through that terrible creative writing course taught by that stupid Iowan Hogan... Honestly though, there are certainly those times during the day when I want to be "no longer pissed/you don't bother me"
Rak Po - Hadag Nachash -
Literally in English meaning "Only Here." This upbeat funky groove from one of Israel's premiere bands highlights how Israel is unique, depressing yet home. As a self professed adamant Zionist and former Israeli semi-citizen I recognize much of the song matter. It rings surprisingly true for my feelings about the Twin Cities as well. It would be a great background track for the part of my movie where I'm rolling around with my friends at night in Minneapolis or Hopkins.
Shove This Jay-Oh-Bee - Canibus + Biz Markie -
Biz Markie never fails to provide attitude as this song does. In my movie it would be played at 6 o'clock when I get off of work with the bratty kids at the Jewish Day School. "[They] can S-H-O-V-E that J-O-B" as the song harks.
Guns and Cigarettes - Atmosphere -
Atmosphere raps about his large ambitions. I share large ambitions, while many are different, but the chorus, "I wanna be bigger than Jesus, bigger than wrestling/ Bigger than the Beatles and bigger than breast implants," is a creative way to sum up where I see myself in 5-15 years.
What? - A Tribe Called Quest -
"What?" is a very awkwardly laid out musically, but recently I've been addicted to it. It has many memorable questions i.e. What's a poet all balls no c[l]ock. It preaches to my inquisitive nature and could highlight my nasty side, I think.
Uncle Sam Goddamn - Brother Ali -
Brother Ali is very rebellious and questions the motives of American culture and government. I too have many doubts and questions about our future and while they aren't as extreme as Brother Ali's, they are not always pleasantly worded. This song would show up in the movie at the part when I'm talking back to a teacher or authority figure. It happens.
Mah Na'aseh? - Hadag Nachash -
Mah Na'aseh is an Israeli song/rap by Hadag Nachash with a cult like following. It highlights the issues with youth culture and particularly drugs. A life goal I have is to improve the world and while I think that our youth culture is not evil, we do need to change ourselves a bit to be more conscious of what's going on.
Rainbow - G. Love & Special Sauce -
This song is so damn nice. I listen to it whenever I'm on airplanes for a good reason. Imagine everything the airport resembles. The stuffy, rude, impersonal bureaucracy. This song is exactly the opposite. A nice refreshing song for lunch, or a happy upturn.
Kick Out The Jams - MC5 -
Sometimes I just wanna "Kick out the Jams Mutherf*****"... Pretty self explanitory, I hope.
We Are Not Going To Make It - Presidents Of The United States Of America -
This song would be perfect for after tests at school, or after a band practice sometimes. It's a cute song whose title says it all.
A Wolf At The Door - Radiohead -
Sometimes I feel like there are people out to get me, or that things are going to cave in. This might be good for when I'm doing homework late at night in a montage scene, or when I take out the garbage. For some reason when I'm taking out the garbage I swear everything outside is slowly crawling towards me...
Creep - Radiohead -
Who doesn't ever feel like an outsider? This song might be perfect for walking into AP Euro, there are a lot of socially awkward kids and while it may serve as there anthem I certainly have daily insecurities.
Proceed - The Roots -
At the end of the day, I shall proceed and continue to rock the mic. This is one of thos confidence booster songs, after a good day in class, a good paper, or just a nice moment with friends... Great for walking away after "serving" someone.
Untitled Track 1 - Sigur Ros -
This song's words have no meaning, however in an online contest someone made up a meaning that was very intricate and nice. (look at the summer 2002 competition http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/interact/). Summarizes some nice deep thoughts. I think this song works for falling asleep, it works for me, or illustrating some deep thought I may have.
KRS-One - Sublime -
No one, myself included learns more from school than friends. This is a great hang out song.
When The Music's Over - The Doors -
When the Music's over turn out the lights...

1 Comments:

Blogger Hogan said...

Noah, I'm really feeling this list. It's comprehensive and thoughtfully analyzed. I encourage you to check your grammar before posting, though. And while I'm hoping your "ZOLOFT" reference to me is sarcastic, it's hard to tell in writing. That said, I'm estatic The Biz made the list.

September 18, 2007 at 5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home