Sunday, September 9, 2007

Additional poem

What If... #2

As I ride the bus to the edge of town
I try to keep my eyes fixed down
but I cannot help but take a glance
The abnormal in for me romance

And on the bus to the end of the village
boarded a new sight for my eyes to pillage
A younger man who meant no harm
He had been born without an arm

I couldn't help but gawk in secret
a string of short lived tries to peek it
I wondered how life would be different
missing five important digits

He'd never once play Halo 2
He couldn't put on pants or tie his shoe
Even a clock needs 2 hands for most times but noon
he'd have no "awkward arm" when he'd spoon

And then the thought occurred to me
How god-damned lucky I must be
I have health and wealth and I've been to the zoo
What if I only had one arm too?


3 Comments:

Blogger Hogan said...

I love this poem, Noah. It has wonderful rhythm and clever diction. I especially love the line about the clock's need for two hands most times. Do you care if I post this on the the class blog?
Hogan

September 13, 2007 at 4:56 AM  
Blogger Noah Tal Berman said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 14, 2007 at 6:40 AM  
Blogger Noah Tal Berman said...

go for it, it' flattering.

September 14, 2007 at 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home